…And roses are good for your skin!
Sweet-smelling roses are beautiful to look at and are a traditional symbol of love. But did you know that this iconic flower also offers a variety of beauty benefits? Here are just a few!
- The antibacterial and cleansing properties of rose oil are ideal for face washes and cleansers. It’s an active ingredient suitable for all skin types. Try John Masters Organics Rose Foaming Face Wash, a mild cleanser formulated with pure organic essential rose oil. It purifies the complexion while removing excess oil and debris.
- When used as a toner, rose water helps slow down the aging process, preventing wrinkles and tightening pores while adding a youthful glow to skin. All skin types benefit from Kerstin Florian Rejuvenating Rose Water, which nourishes while also fortifying the skin’s moisture barrier.
- Roses have anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe rosacea and eczema and reduce redness. Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream protects the delicate outer layer of the skin and soothes skin irritation.
- Rose contains vitamin C, which helps protect skin cells from damage. Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask restores skin hydration, softens and brightens skin.
- The moisturizing oils in rose lock hydration into the skin. Eminence Sweet Red Rose Whip Moisturizer is created with sweet red rose petals, pectin and lemon juice, which hydrate and revitalize skin.
- Rose fragrance relaxes and soothes both the skin and the senses. One of our favorites is Caudalie Rose de Vigne Fragrance, a long lasting scent made with a blend of roses, grapefruit, rhubarb and magnolia.
- Rose contains natural astringents that tighten pores while restoring suppleness. Ilike Organic Rose Petal Toner refreshes the skin with the sweet smell of roses. It also strengthens skin elasticity keeping your complexion youthful and fresh.